Are you planning to become a professional Photographer and excel your passion in photography to next level? Our Diploma course at SoP’s is just the kind of course you may need…This one year advanced diploma course in Photography will have just about everything that takes to take to become a professional photographer. Diploma course in Photography at SoP- is stuffed with academics to live shoot, exerting on live projects of industrial nature, weekly workshops, orientations from guest trainers and high focus on different genres of photography that includes Fashion, Portrait, Product, Architectural, People, Food and etc.
DSLR Camera Operations – 8-week 24-session 30 hr
- Different lighting on different elements
- Light study
- Shuttle Speed / Lenses
- Aperture and its working
- Shutter and its working
- Shutter and Aperture relationship
- Light Metering – TTL
- RAW & JPEG
- White balance and custom
- Zooming & Panning
- Color Theory
- Sensor – CMOS & CCD
- Picture style
- Shooting modes
- External Flash system
- Outdoor Shoot
- Narrative still light
- Rule of thirds
- White balance and custom
- Zooming & Panning
- Types of Camera
- Internal Flash System
- External Flashes
UNDERSTANDING NATURAL LIGHT (Street and Portrait) – 2-weeks 8-sessions 16 hrs.
In order to become a good photographer one needs to understand natural light profoundly. This session covers topics like golden hours, effect of colour temperature on an image and shooting at dawn and dusk. This classroom session is followed by a practical session of exploring the magic of natural light with our experts.
A Brief History of the Photographic Process
- Street Delhi
- Monuments Delhi
- Inspired by Goldsworthy
- Light Study
- Andre Kertesz Street
- Portrait and texted on faces
- Feel the Photography by Watching Bang bang club
STUDIO LIGHT – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
Before shooting in a studio, it is vital to understand the studio environment and how photographic equipment is used. This session will be held inside our studio, which is equipped with all the desired equipment such as lights, stands, light meter, soft boxes, reflectors, honey combs, snoots, back drops etc. The use of each equipment will be explained. This will be followed by a practical session where the use a 1 light set up and 2 & 3 lights set up will be demonstrated.
- Tour of Film Studio
- Flooring Management
- Intro. with Studio Lights and functions
- Equipment’s and different impacts
- Circle of lights
- Types of lights
Photography with Studio Light- 2-week -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Low Key
- High Key
- Wedding Photography Tips
- People Photography
- Abstract Photography
- Special Techniques
Activities to be done
- Vantage Points
- Inspired by Gregory Crewdson
- Self Portraits & Max Vadukul
- 2 small trades with their setup
Art & Conceptual (Narrative, Storytelling, Preps)- 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Photography & Me
- Narrative based on movie
- 7 deadly sins
- Visually communicating and idea through image
Interaction with Industry People & work like one of them- 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Art Director
- Models on TV Artist
- Line Producer
- ·Press Reporter
Still Life 3-weeks -12 sessions 24 hrs.
- Understanding Still Life
- Photo shoot still life topic
- Journey daily Routing
HDR Framing & Shooting 2-week -8 session 16 hr
- Hyper lapse
- Candid Photography
- Light Painting
- Stop Motion Photography
- Creative Shutter
- Understanding Exposure meter , Key lighting methods
- Reflecting objects Light balancing ( Glass or Steel Product Photography)
Fashion Photography- 4-week -16 session 32 hr
- Creative studio Lighting and glamour Lighting
- Studying Various fashion stylist by Working with Designers
- Understanding makeup With Professional Makeup Artists
- Visual Aesthetics for photography
- Understand various Fashion looks Ethnic Look Western Look formal look semi formal look
- Use of gel papers & props
- Lighting techniques
- David Balley fashion style
- Annie Libovitz style
- Multiple shots.
- Backdrops making
Street & People Photography 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
SHOOTING A MONUMENT and People IN DELHI – This is the perfect wrap up session to this wonderful short-term course – a photo- walk where we also invite other photographers to join in. The idea is for you to meet professionals from the field and interact with them.
COMPOSITION – I & II 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
The composition of a frame is the key to making a good photograph. It is very important to learn how to arrange elements within a frame to make the photograph stand out. This classroom session is followed by a practice session to explore a whole new world of frames; and learn to see how to fill or not fill your frame to make compelling images.
Product Photography – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Camera, Lens, Features, Manual, Raw, Remote Shooting. ISO, Aperture,
- Shutter Speed, Colour Temperature. Histogram, Levels, Overexposure, Underexposure, Correct exposure
- Studio Lights / Outdoor Lights
- Product Photography
- Product Photography for E-commerce
- Product Photography for Catalogue
- Product Photography for Advertising
Food Photography – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Food Photography Basics
- Lighting for Food Photography
- Treating Cooked, Uncooked, Patisseries, Wines and Vegetables
- Preserving aroma through techniques
- Shooting Restaurants
- Food Styling
Pre-Wedding and Wedding – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Photography Business of Wedding and Pre Wedding
- Art of Candid and Fake candid shots
- Shooting Brides and Grooms
- Traditions and Photography
- Collecting and Managing works
Videography – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Difference between Photography and Videography
- Shooting and Editing Videos
- Art of Compositions
- Shooting short film as per script
- Lighting for videography
- Finishing a Project
- Being a Youtuber
Portfolio Design – 2-weeks -8 sessions 16 hrs.
- Choosing Best Photographs
- Digital Portfolio
- Print Portfolio
- Instagram Profile and Role of Social media
SOFTWARE/ MATERIALS USED
- Adobe LightRoom
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Adobe After Effects (Overview)
- A DSLR Camera